Hello, my name is Dr. Kelly Keogh
As a pediatrician, my goal is to ensure excellent, compassionate care for my patients, while providing them and their parents with the knowledge and educational resources that encourage a healthy lifestyle.
I am a “Sick Kids Doc.” I did my Pediatric Residency at Sick Kids from 1992-1996, an Emergency Medicine Fellowship from 1996-1999, then I became emergency staff for 19 years, during which time I completed a Master’s Degree in the of Science of Community Health.
As of July 1, 2017, I am “semi-retired.” I will always love and be closely connected with Sick Kids: my walls at the clinic are covered with Sick Kids literature from www.aboutkidshealth.ca. Now I work 4 days a week at Golden Mile because… I love it!
- Since GM is a walk-in clinic, I do not have a “practice” where I can “accept” patients and “be your child’s pediatrician.” All children should be rostered with a Family Physician.
- My role is to be available when your own doc cannot see your child.
- Since visit times are constrained by walk-in style of our clinic, complicated and ongoing concerns are referred by me to community Pediatrician colleagues i.e. behavior concerns.
- My website provides dates that I will be absent from the clinic at least 2 months ahead of time (where possible).
- If I see a child who is very sick, I send them with a note to the Emergency Department. On more than one occasion, I have called 911 for urgent cases.
- Immunizations are to be done at your Family Doctor as part of a “well baby visit’ so as a “walk-in” doctor I cannot provide this service; (however there may be exceptions on occasion).
- Referrals: are to be done by your Family Doctor to ensure continuity of care.